Fuel Tank Storage Protection
PROLINE internationally certified linear temperature sensing equipment provides rapid detection of over-heat and flash fire conditions on many areas within OIL, GAS and CHEMICAL Industrial market sectors.
Applications include multiple risk protection of FIXED & FLOATING Roof Tanks as well as SPHERE's.
Installation within a hazardous environment uses PROLINE corrosion and abrasion resistant linear sensor cable, connected to a SAFE area located ZI interface unit and ATEX certified zener barrier by a maximum 50 ohms resistance of interconnecting cabling.
For RIM SEAL protection Proline sensor cable should be installed around the tank roof circumference supported at 1.2m maximum intervals using Proline PR-004A Stainless Steel L brackets. On FIXED roof tanks the sensor cable should be located around the top and base of the tank. It is recommended to use ladders for sensor cable support for protecting vents, hatches, valves etc. whilst ensuring no obstruction to their access is caused by sensor cable location.
WHY DIGITAL LINEAR HEAT DETECTION
- The simplicity of digital linear detection system alarm temperature specification (the design of which considers black body - reflected sunlight on a low roof - temperatures in order to avoid false alarms) with no temperature/length reliance for favourable alarm temperatures
- No practical zone length system design restrictions
- Simple sectionalised replacement of fire damaged portion of sensor cable only - without the necessity for complete zone/tank detection system replacement
- The most economical supply and installation linear detection system option - with extremely low maintenance costs
- REFINERY SITE PROVEN AND EVIDENCE of its ability to rapidly detect and signal a flash fire situation
- Alarm point location provided by safe area installed Proline interface unit
- Use of retractable cabling between roof installation of heat sensor cable and top of tank wall field wiring connections, eliminates excessive cable lay on the roof of a full tank
- F.M., U.L. approvals and Hazardous area installation certification
Linear Heat Detection has a proven track record for the protection of Fuel Tank Storage, that can be verified by major International end users. For additional information on the most effective system to suit your particular requirements, please contact us.