Many specifiers and Fire Engineering Companies still only consider LINEAR TEMPERATURE SENSING for its more "traditional" applications. By doing so these same individuals are severely ignoring the tremendous advantages use of Proline linear detection can offer an end user customer when used for the wiring of manual call points, alarm sounders, point type smoke detectors. What is being offered is an ADDITIONAL means of protection of human life and capital investment at little additional cost over and above what has historically been used.......short term fireproof cabling.
PROLINE offers many advantages - the primary features including ...........................
- The ability to operate continuously within ANY environment - including Hazardous areas.
- An ability to operate with NIL affect from Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) or Electro-magnetic Induction (EMI)
- Not affected by local vibration or from accidentally induced sharp bends in the linear sensor cable - unlike some other systems!
- Factory Mutual (FM) and Underwriters Laboratories (UL and cUL) certification
- Full conformity with the new PENDING EN54-28 only global linear detection dedicated standard
- Compliance with current NFPA72 and EN54 standards which are relative to linear detection
- On site post installation testing - including direct flame exposure without the need to replace sensor cable after testing
- An equally sensitive detection capability at point of risk -100% along its installed length. Not more sensitive at any one point.
- Identification of the location of the alarm along an installed length of TH linear sensor cable ( from 1.0m to many kms installed length) by a Proline supplied optional ZI interface unit - and /or potentially indication of which manual call point has been operated
- Connection between point type smoke detectors with the 24vdc supply provided from customer panel or interface unit not Proline ZI interface - as less than 0.5v dc is used for monitoring purposes on the Proline TH linear sensor cable by the Proline supplied ZI interface.
- Sectional replacement only of any heat damaged length of TH linear sensor cable. Total installed length replacement is NOT necessary. Remembering that in addition to any installed linear detection system, other cabling - such as lighting , power /instrumentation cabling and even solid fixtures would require replacement or repair after an alarm condition - not just the linear sensor cable !!!
- Where Proline ZI interface is used, cabling between that interface and customer control panel is to be short circuit fault monitored .
- If Proline ZI interface is specified and is to be located remote from the risk area - such as in a control room or security office - then a maximum 50 ohms electrical resistance can be connected (and calibrated out for alarm location purposes) using 2 conductor interconnecting cable.
- Where a single risk area has steam pipes, halogen lighting or similar installed which could alter local ambient temperatures, different Proline alarm temperature rated sensor cables may be series connected ( no "T" or "spur" allowed) on a single "zone" run.
For full details and competitive pricing contact email@example.com.